Free Tax Prep Financial Health Promoter
Reports to: Financial Stability Program Officer
Department: Community Impact
Classification: Non-Exempt, Part-Time (18-20 hours/wk.), grant-funded position, January through April 2019
Date: December 2018
Please apply by January 19, 2019
Reporting to the Financial Stability Program Officer and working collaboratively with the Free Tax Prep Program Coordinator and Associate, the Free Tax Prep Health Promoter will promote various financial wellness opportunities in person at various site locations throughout Sacramento and surrounding Counties.
This position consistently requires a high level of energy for interacting with diverse members of the public on a regular basis, and will require work on many Saturdays and some Sundays throughout February, March and April, along with some weekday hours (possible evenings).
- In collaboration with United Way staff, Free Tax Prep Coalition partners, and site volunteers, promote the following financial wellness opportunities to filers at our Free Tax Prep sites (United Way will develop and provide promotional materials):
- Gift Card incentive ($10 gift card rewards for saving part or all of the tax refund)
- SaverLife (online matched savings program)
- Bank On (access to safe/affordable bank accounts)
- Track and report participation in the above programs on a weekly basis
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years of community outreach work or similar customer-facing promotional experience
- Knowledge of Free Tax Preparation program a plus
- Familiarity with community resources in the Sacramento/Capital Region a plus
- Bilingual in English and any of the following languages is a plus: Spanish, Russian, Hmong, Vietnamese, Cantonese, Arabic, Farsi or Dari
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including the ability to communicate well in a variety of settings with a variety of individuals
- Understanding of financial perspective of low-to-moderate-income individuals
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Able to react, organize and prioritize within a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Skilled at working with teams to achieve common goals
- Outstanding work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to work independently with a high attention to detail
- Constant decision making and concentration
- Proficiency in various Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work on one’s feet for a few hours at a time in a variety of settings (community centers, etc.)
- Occasional work in an office environment, lift and move objects up to 40 pounds such as large binders, books, boxes, and small office equipment.
Possession of an appropriate California operator’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, and adequate automobile insurance; possession and maintenance of a good driving record (as evidenced by the absence of multiple or serious traffic violations for at least a two-year duration) that does not contribute to an increase in UWCCR insurance rates.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Amy Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only resumes with a cover letter and resume attached will be considered. No phone calls, please.